LOVE YOUR FOOD
See this Food waste index
CHECK US OUT
“Eat Me App” is a result of a conscious need to address the problem of a household food waste generation with the help of a simple tool. We saw potential for innovation in the call for the change in our purchasing and life habits regarding overall attitude about the food. We connect the old and the new by having our grandmothers and mothers in our mind. Since we were little, we are reminded that throwing food away is not a good thing to do. Now we came up with the innovative tool that can help us avoid that.
For at least three times a day, you make a food decision. With “Eat Me App” you make a difference that counts!
Planning yours and your family weekly meals, at least to approximation have multiple benefits:
- health wise – when we have a plan it is less possible to just grab a pizza, or go out and eat, we eat more diverse and thought through meals and food; this is both cheaper and healthier option
- budget wise – impulsive grocery shopping is far more expensive
- waste wise – less food tends to go to waste if we on average have some idea about what meals we are planning to have in the following days
- ALWAYS make a shopping list at home while having access to your refrigerator and you can afford to spend some minutes on getting inspiration about meals you want to cook during following week.
Learn how to store fruits and vegetables so they stay fresh longer:
- Berries tend to last longer if you wash them just before you want to eat them
- if you keep your fruit outside, find darker and cooler spot, rather
- store fruits and vegetables in different bins, as some of them tends to produce gasses as they ripen
- wash, dry, chop, dice, slice everything that you can so you can prepare it for using
- if you buy in bulk freeze food such as bread, sliced fruit, or meat that you are planning for later usage
- if you bought ground meat or chicken filet that have short expiration date, prepare it immediately and put it in the fridge – it is a special treat during busy days just to grab good food already made.
Following this simple rule, you will prioritized, thus avoid forgetting using food that you have already bought.
We need to remind ourselves that in spite of the fast tempo of modern life, healthy diet is far more than just putting food in our mouth. It considers our attitude about the time and intention we invest in the whole process. In every scenario: student life, family life, single life, traveller life, you name it. Our attitude toward the food and eating directly shine light on how much we actually care: about us, our family and our environment. It is expensive and sad, to be sick, our family to be sick and bottom line – our nurturing environment to be sick.
How to reduce food waste daily?
With planning, buying, prepping and storing food you can save both time and money, and prevent food waste.
The GOAL ( w-h-a-t ) The goal of the “Eat Me App” is to prevent household food waste by sending a reminder about expiration date and to raise awareness about the personal food consumption habits of users by recording waste generation patterns. Our MISSION ( h-o-w ) As a result of that, our mission is delivered through permanent change in people’s mental models and trough more intuitive relationship - with the food they buy and toward the food they eat. Our VISION ( w-h-y ) Nothing less than a thriving civilization that is environmentally aware on a flourishing planet trough sustainable co-habitation with(in!) our natural environment, i.e. sustainable use of resources.